Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:32:14 PM
Saw an Olympic bobs on A of A in late 80's at Meadowlands.
Was a Curve called L'ago D'seao with Strates in 1977, might have been Clyde Mulligans.
Was a Bayern Curve, possibly from Coney island, at NYSF in 1996, might have been run by somebody named Miller.
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:54:27 PM
The picture I have is a close up. Looks like Olympics theming. Saw some pics on a six flags website. Some of the pics looked real similar. I'll see if I can copy the pic to this thread.
ridejocky
Friday, May 11, 2018 10:47:29 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Saw an Olympic bobs on A of A in late 80's at Meadowlands.
Was a Curve called L'ago D'seao with Strates in 1977, might have been Clyde Mulligans.
Was a Bayern Curve, possibly from Coney island, at NYSF in 1996, might have been run by somebody named Miller.

Late ‘80’s I think Jack “Bones” Bitzer was moving Big A’s curve..what a route! Didn’t they call it a Swiss Bob? I think they all (curve, Swiss & Olympic) had the Olympic Rings. I wonder what happen to Jack, we were pretty tight for a while.

Pretty sure Nova booked theirs with Strates a few times in the ‘80s, a guy named Emil was moving it. I think they booked another piece with it but I’m not sure.

Always wanted to re-theme one as a NY subway. Instead of skiers, the mannequins could be gangsters & hookers..,,

Ride the Zipper?
swooper
Monday, May 14, 2018 12:18:02 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Late ‘80’s I think Jack “Bones” Bitzer was moving Big A’s curve..what a route! Didn’t they call it a Swiss Bob? I think they all (curve, Swiss & Olympic) had the Olympic Rings. I wonder what happen to Jack, we were pretty tight for a while.

Pretty sure Nova booked theirs with Strates a few times in the ‘80s, a guy named Emil was moving it. I think they booked another piece with it but I’m not sure.

Always wanted to re-theme one as a NY subway. Instead of skiers, the mannequins could be gangsters & hookers..,,

It was called a Swiss Bob from the first time I saw it in 1967 or 68 till the day it was sold
and they all did have Olympic rings both the Bayern Kurve and Swiss bob Models.
bigjlh
Monday, May 14, 2018 2:45:08 PM
The only difference in the swiss Bob,and Bayern kurve,was the name and signage on top of back scenery,and modifications owners did trailer mount etc.