Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 7, 2018 10:00:01 AM
I recently came across some old 1980 ChicagoFest photos from Navy Pier. Does anyone know who the carnival was? Pictured was: Spider (red tubs), Bayern Kurve/Olympic Bobs ( couldn't tell) Enterprise and skydiver.
Matt C.
Monday, May 7, 2018 3:02:45 PM
I know Magid did a lot in Chicago back then... maybe it was him? Or maybe Murphy?

Not sure, it was before my time lol...
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 7, 2018 3:42:12 PM
Yeah it was a while ago. I don't think any Chicago based show had that ride combo back then. I was curious. I think Chicagofest was the precursor to Taste of Chicago.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 7, 2018 4:12:57 PM

Astro had an enterprise back in the 80's as it was the 1st one I ever saw. that was at the back of yards fair in late 80's if I remember correctly.
Matt C.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 7:45:50 PM
Originally Posted by: britt 

Astro had an enterprise back in the 80's as it was the 1st one I ever saw. that was at the back of yards fair in late 80's if I remember correctly.

Did they? Or was it Magid's?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:56:34 PM
My guess would be Murphy. Don't know that Magid had an Enterprise.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:56:51 PM

I thought it was Astro's. could be wrong. it was at the Astro spot.
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 6:32:43 PM
Whoever it was also had a Bayern Kurve / Swiss Bobs. Unless it was a multi show event.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:47:42 AM
Could Nova Exposition/Penn sent their Swiss Bobs/Bayern Kurve over there? I know they had one back during that time, but not sure if they would have sent it that far over.

Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, May 10, 2018 11:43:11 AM
Don't know if anyone remembers but did they have a full sized carnival there or just a few rides? Seemed more like a music fest.
bigjlh
Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:34:07 PM
The Swiss Bob or Bayern kurve was kleasen brothers iirc.there were three on road back then.big a.Nova expo,maybe colgrove.I moved one for several years on Royal.independent piece.one of those big a.doubtful.if it was swiss Bob more then likely klaesen
thunderbolt85
Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:45:08 PM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

The Swiss Bob or Bayern kurve was kleasen brothers iirc.there were three on road back then.big a.Nova expo,maybe colgrove.I moved one for several years on Royal.independent piece.one of those big a.doubtful.if it was swiss Bob more then likely klaesen

Big A had one too (Amusements of America) or did they get theirs later?

And I think Deggeller had one during the 80s as well, or a Chance Olympic Bobs.
bigjlh
Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:53:50 PM
big a,had one late 60.s can't remember who purchased Nova,s.some one on strates had one called lake of coumo,knock off Bayern kurve.kleasen,s was on road around 71 or 72.edy Meir had one he moved around swiss Bob ground mount.nice flash piece.the only Olympic Bob's chance piece I saw was on a pier in MD.then sold.there is one sitting in gibtown racked.needs a lot of work.it was all hands on deck to move.for as big as it was 32 person capacity.you had to hustle at all times.high maintenance piece 4 sure
bigjlh
Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:04:45 PM
Some one purchased a Bayern kurve here in the States a while back.called Holland taxi.had tunnel on rise in back.patrons would sit side by side instead front to back.there is some pictures on line of it.called Holland taxi thunderbolt.European operators all ways had water pool in center to dampen noise,and keep it secure
bigjlh
Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:06:01 PM
Some one purchased a Bayern kurve here in the States a while back.called Holland taxi.had tunnel on rise in back.patrons would sit side by side instead front to back.there is some pictures on line of it.called Holland taxi thunderbolt.European operators all ways had water pool in center to dampen noise,and keep it secure