|Exclusive News and Interviews
First completely cashless waterpark in USA
Cashless Payment, Keyless Entry, Access Pass, Cashless Vending, and Guest ID are among the features at newest waterpark attraction KeyLime Cove Water Resort and will be demonstrated at IAAPA 2007
By PDC Press Release
San Fernando, CA - Precision Dynamics Corporation (PDC), is implementing its Smart Band RFID Wristband System at KeyLime Cove Water Resort, Gurnee, Illinois in what will be the first completely cashless waterpark in the USA. PDC's Smart Band RFID Wristband System features will be demonstrated at PDC booth 2071 during the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), November 13-16, in Orlando, Florida.
Scheduled to be completed in late February 2008, KeyLime Cove Water Resort will feature 414 Hotel Suites, a 64,500 square foot waterpark and 500,000 square feet of meeting space. PDC announces that its Smart Band RFID Wristband System will consist of PDC Smart Kiosks (with a touch-screen monitor that allows parents to deposit money into pre-funded children's accounts by utilizing cash, credit cards or existing room credit), PDC Smart SuperBand Wristbands as well as third party software and hardware at the venue.
"KeyLime Cove Water Resort will be the convenient year round family getaway destination in Illinois," said Robin Barber, Vice President of Advanced Marketing & Technology (AMAT) at PDC. "PDC's role includes RFID consulting and RFID project management services to KeyLime Cove Water Resort making this facility completely cashless. With the Smart Band RFID system, KeyLime Cove Water Resort patrons will not have to worry about carrying their keys or losing money. Also, there is the added security of families being able to pre-fund and monitor their children's purchases. It's secure, easy to use, and increases park spending. PDC's Smart Band RFID System provides convenience for both park owners and patrons alike. "
"The implementation of the RFID wristband system will provide our guests with an exceptional level of ease and convenience," said Rick Warmouth, KeyLime Cove Water Resort Assistant General Manager and Director of Operations. "We are very excited to be able to offer this state of the art technology at America's newest and most exciting indoor water resort. '
PDC, working along with the following third party software and hardware partners, will complete the process of creating KeyLime Cove Water Resort as the first totally cashless waterpark attraction. These RFID applications will provide KeyLime Cove Water Resort and its patrons with automated cashless point-of-sale (POS), keyless entry to hotel rooms and lockers, cashless vending, digital photography, and cashless spending in the arcade using RFID enabled token machines.
* Salto Systems has been chosen to secure keyless guest room access. PDC's Smart Band RFID wristband is read by the KeyLime Cove Water Resort guest room lock and authorizes guests in their rooms. Guests no longer have to worry about losing the keycards while they enjoy the rides.
* MICROS Systems, Inc. has been selected to deploy the flexible and scalable MICROS 9700 Hospitality Management System to support KeyLime Cove Water Resort's point-of-sale requirements. In addition, several tools from the fully integrated OPERA Enterprise Suite will be installed, including its Property Management System, Sales and Catering, and Web Booking applications.
* cStar Technologies Inc. will provide KeyLime Cove Water Resort with RFID readers for wireless vending. cStar's application eDispense HT, the engine behind cStar's Vending Genie Hospitality, can also deliver the same cashless payment method for all other self service areas such as arcades, business centers, photo booths and laundry facilities.
* NAMCO CYBERTAINMENT INC. is responsible for the installation, service, and management of the amusement games in the arcade and other areas at KeyLime Cove Water Resort. They will also be assisting with the prize selection, ordering, stocking, and maintenance of the redemption center.
* Jackson Digital Imaging Corporation's Automated Photo Identification will use its RFID technology at KeyLime Cove Water Resort. Each guest will receive a Smart Band RFID wristband prior to entering the wet water rides. Wristbands are scanned by an RFID reader to link the guest with their photograph, which is later captured during the ride via a triggering mechanism. Guests can then view their photographs on monitors at the ride exit. Throughout their stay, visitors can conveniently view ride photos by scanning their wristbands at photo centers located across the park.
* Smarte Carte, Inc.'s electronic locker concession at KeyLime Cove Water Resort utilizes Smart Band RFID wristband technology to let waterpark and hotel guests open their lockers with a wave of their wrist. The Smarte Locke keyless locker system has revolutionized the way park patrons interact with their stored personal items by combining the RFID access and multiple-entry features to provide convenient and secure access to their personal items, which encourages secondary park spending.
* Ideal Software Systems, Inc. will be providing the RFID readers for the KeyLime Cove Water Resort token machines and the software to post token purchases to folio (room account and pre funded accounts.)